Haven’t made it to The Turf yet? No worries! These pictures will show you all the fun you’ve been missing out on—delicious drinks, lively atmosphere, and unforgettable memories await your arrival!
Aerial of the The Racecourse Ground taken in the 1960s from behind the 'Tech End' of the Ground of the 'Popular Side' on the left. The Bushfield Stand at the Railway and Town end of the ground and the Mold Road and Plas Coch Stands on the right with The Turf and the Bowling Green shown on the same side.
Wales v Spain international match on a packed Racecourse Ground in the 1985 with The Turf and the old changing rooms, and the Mold Road Stand, with TV gantry, in the background.
Aerial of the Racecourse ground in the 1960s showing the old Bushfield Stand, also known as the Pigeon Loft on the kop end of the ground. It also shows the old Turf Bowling Green which today is The Turf car park.
Aerial of The Turf taken some time in the 1950s with the old Mold Road Stand and Plas Coch Stand in the forefront and the old Popular side opposite.
An artists impression of match day with fans heading to the Racecourse and of course the obilgatory pint in The Turf.
Wrexham goalkeeper Gordon Livsey, who also played the trumpet with the Salvation Army, diving to save with The Turf Public House in the background.
An aerial view of the Racecourse from the early 1990s prior to the development of the Mold Road Stand and prior to seating being placed at the front of the Tech End Stand and the then Yale Stand.
The Turf balcony looking at the finishing of a race on the Racecourse around the 1890s. The Football pitch would have been where the crowd have assembled.
The Wrexham v Blyth Spartans in the FA Cup 5th Round in March 1978 with the fans sat on The Turf balcony having a prime view of the action at the Kop end of the game. Wrexham drew 1-1, but won the replay 2-1 at Newcastle's St. James Park.
A packed Racecourse Ground for the Wales v Ireland match on 31st March 1954 with The Turf in the background. Wales lost with John Charles scoring the Welsh goal in front of a crowd of 32,817
Aerial overlooking the top of The Turf and the Racecourse Ground prior to the Kop being removed in 2023.
The old Mold Road Stand that was closed following the Bradford Fire Disaster in May 1985. The stand was eventually replaced in 1999 with the stand that we see today. The Turf is on the left.
The Turf; its bowling green; the Mold Road Stand; and Mold Road leading into the Town from the top of the Floodlight at the Racecourse.
A map of Wrexham in 1832 showing the Racecourse and where the horse racing track was situated as well as The Turf Tavern as it was then known. This was 32 years before football was first played on the Racecourse.
The Kop End and Mold Road side of the ground with The Turf situated on the top right at a packed racecourse Ground for the Wales v England international match in 1980 which Wales won 4-1
From The Turf balcony looking at the finishing of a race on the Racecourse around the 1890s. The Football pitch would have been where the crowd have assembled.
Walking up towards the Racecourse showing The Turf dwarfed by the Mold Road Stand.
Aerial of the Racecourse ground with The Turf neatly tucked into the right hand corner.
Aerial of the Racecourse Ground with The Turf and its car park where the Bowling Green once stood taken around the late 1990s.
The manager of The Turf, John Warburton, in the 1950s, sat next to the fireplace in one of his best rooms in the Pub. The Turf was once a Bar and Lounge whilst today it's all been knocked into one.
The Irish team that played Wales on the Racecourse prior to World War One in January 1914 with The Turf changing rooms in the background along with the old Mold Road Grand Stand.
Wrexham's Frank Carrodus and Mick Vinter in action during the 1980/81 season with The Turf balcony in the back ground.
A Birmingham & District League match taking place on the Racecourse between Wrexham and Aston Villa Reserves around 1910 with The Turf, the adjacent changing room area and the Mold Road Stand.
The Turf Public House with the turnstiles and large exit gate to the Kop End of the ground in the foreground, and the old Mold Road Stand and paddock to the left. You could once buy a beer from the windows below The Turf balcony!
Mold Road in the 1950s with The Turf Hotel on the right, and the Mold Road stand further on.
The new Mold Stand being built in 1998 - 1999 with The Turf slowly disappearing from sight, and with it the stat of that time that it was the only Football League ground with a pub on it!
This was the famous banner that was displayed at the European Cup final in 1977 for the Liverpool v Borussia Monchengladbacj match in Rome. Here it is displayed on the hoarding on the closed Mold Road side of the ground for Joey Jones' testimonial match against Liverpool in 1992 with The Turf in the background.
The new Mold Road Stand starts to take shape as its being built in 1998 / 1999 with the soon to be hidden Turf to its left.
Wrexham v Arsenal FA Cup quarter-final match at a packed Racecourse in March 1978 with Dixie McNeil scoring with The Turf in the background.
The Welsh side coming down the steps of the changing rooms that were adjacent to The Turf at this time from the Wales v Ireland match on the Racecourse in 1906.
Wrexham FC formed at The Turf Public House during the season dinner on 4th Oct 1864. Edward Manners, the cricket club chairman, addressed the lack of winter amusement in the town. He planned to buy a football and invited many to the field next Saturday. The Mayor also supported an athletic club in Wrexham, suggesting green space for sports events.
A Policeman stood outside The Turf Hotel guides the crowds prior to the FA Cup match with Liverpool in January 1963.
Match action against Peterborough United on the Racecourse in May 1978 with The Turf in the background. Note the five disabled cars parked at pitchside for the game. A 0-0 draw saw Wrexham clinch the Third Division championship
Nigel Beaumont heads home on the Racecourse in a match against Hartlepool in October 1990 with fans watching on from The Turf Balcony.
Crowds queing at the turnstiles for a league game in the early 1970 against Port Vale. Note the head stone above the gates, with The Turf Bowling Club hut on the right. The head stone was taken down a few years after this photo due to being unsafe!
Match day from inside the ground of The Turf from the corner of the Kop End of the ground and the Yale Stand paddock.
The Pub sign that once hung from The Turf depicting the racing on it.
The Turf dwarfed by the Mold Road Stand as you walk up Mold Road towards the ground.
The Turf Public House where Wrexham Football Club were formed.
A view of The Turf from the Racecourse taken in the late 1960s with the balcony of The Turf in full view. This is where some fortunate fans could view the match from until the new Mold Road Road stand was opened in 1999.